Pages

Friday 30 September 2011

Artist responce to chosen artist - The Cliche-Verre Process

The cliché-verre process was first practiced by a number of French painters during the early part of the 19th century as an way to make multiple copies of their hand drawn images. A cliche-verre print is a unique photograph that is made by using a printmaking process of "etching" into the surface of a dried emulsion upon a transparent material like glass or Mylar. Using a variety of "printing-plates," normal black and white photographs can be transformed into fascinating abstract, textural shapes and patterns. Some contemporary artists have developed techniques for achieving a variety of line, tone, texture and color by experimenting with film, frosted Mylar, paint and inks and a wide assortment of tools for painting, etching, scratching, rubbing and daubing.

First Impression:
My first impression of The Cliche-Verre Process was that it is an unusual technique to use and creates a very interesting image. The two images i have above are my favourite images because the have lots of detail in them and they look more interesting, The rib cage image is one of the best because the artist used this process to make the rib cage stand out from the background so when drawing they would of had to draw the rib cage to make it turn white during the process.

Formal Elements:
  • dark and light
  • detailed
  • black and white
  • negative
  • interesting
My Responce to The Cliche-Verre Process:
i made this design by drawing with pencil onto tracing paper then i exposed it in the dark room, it didn't come out as well as i wanted it too but i still think its interesting because it looks kind of ghostly.








These were my tester strips; i done these to test how long i should expose my picture for, i wanted mine to be dark so i left my picture exposed for the longest time witch was about 12-13 seconds.





This is my second tester strip and i left my picture exposed for 12-13 seconds and it came out really well so then i knew how long to expose my real photos for.






 This was my first real photo i made i drew out my design from my memory box onto asatate using a black permenat marker; then i took my design to the dark room and exposed it under the light.
 This photo came out really well because the black perinate marker






No comments:

Post a Comment