Pages

Monday 2 January 2012

Cushion Of Wales.


This was my sample cushion I made, I created this from my pictures I took in Wales.
I started by sowing the skin colour fabric onto the patten red fabric, then I sowed on the hair and stated to sow the face into the skin colour fabric.
Then I added the blue sequins to make a wave from the sea in Wales.
Then I sowed the cushion together and stuffed it.






I started by Drawing my design onto white fabric; then I  took a batik pot and drew over my deign in wax. I then painted onto the fabric with batik dye.

I left the dye to dry over night; and the next day I started to sow the edges of the fabric to neaten them up.

 Here is an enlarged image of the fabric edges that are sowed neatly.
Then I started to pin the two fabrics together so I could use the sowing machine to sow the tow pieces together.

 This is after i sowed the two sides together and then i turned the fabric inside out. So now I can stuff the cushion.

 Now i have stuffed the cushion.

 Then I chose some buttons that reminded me of the shells from Wales that I collected.

Then where the wax had left a white line I embroidered into the fabric.












When i was drawing the wax and putting the fabric inks onto the fabric i had to use newsprint to protect the surfaces and i got this lovely print from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment